To avoid disruptions during hurricane season, the LEH is adjusting its annual Rebirth Grant application timeline:
- April 1, 2022: Rebirth application opens
- May 31, 2022: Rebirth application closes
- June 2022: Applications evaluated by grant review committee
- July 2022: Decisions announced
HAVE AN IDEA FOR A HUMANITIES PROJECT?
The Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities offers grants to support projects that provide access to the humanities for Louisiana residents. The LEH will accept applications for 2022 LEH Rebirth Grants from April 1 through May 31, 2022. Award notifications will be made by mid-July 2022.
LEH Rebirth Grants support programmatic initiatives focused on the humanities. Eligible projects include:
- free public humanities programs that involve audience participation and discussion
- documentary photography, podcast, and radio projects
- digital humanities projects including websites and online documentation of Louisiana history and culture
- new and continuing scholarly research about Louisiana
- assistance with publication projects and humanities-based educational initiatives
Grant awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 and funded projects should be implemented no earlier than September 1, 2022, and be completed no later than October 31, 2023. All Rebirth Grant applicants must demonstrate matching cost share in cash or in kind.
Due to the ongoing risk of COVID, project proposals that think creatively about how to sustain humanities programming in new ways are particularly welcome.
Transitioning from DUNS to SAM
Starting April 4, 2022, the National Endowment for the Humanities will require all non-profit entities seeking grants from the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities to have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) in SAM.gov. Put simply, a UEI is a validation that your entity is what you say it is: a unique organization with its own physical address.
Currently the federal government uses the DUNS Number, issued by Dun & Bradstreet to identify businesses and organizations as unique. If your organization is currently registered with a DUNS number, please review the information here for instructions on how to receive a new UEI at SAM.gov. Review this form for next steps in attaining a UEI for your organization. The LEH strongly encourages all prospective grantees to secure a SAM.gov UEI prior to April 1, 2022.
For more information on Rebirth Grants or registering for a SAM.gov UEI, contact Director of Grants Chris Robert at email@example.com or (504) 620-2639.