The LEH’s Rebirth Grants program supports projects that provide access to the humanities for Louisiana residents.
See below for information on two separate grant programs, including one designated for Louisiana public libraries.
Applications are open now through August 31, 2020, with all submissions reviewed following the close of the application period, and award notifications will be made by October 15, 2020. Review the information below before applying here.
LEH Rebirth Grants support programmatic initiatives focused on the humanities. Eligible projects include:
- Free public humanities programs that involve audience participation and discussion, documentary photography, podcast, and radio projects
- Digital humanities projects including websites and online documentation of Louisiana history and culture
- New and continuing scholarly research about Louisiana
- Assistance with publication projects and humanities-based educational initiatives
Grant awards range from $1,000 to $7,000 and should be implemented between November 2020 and December 2021. All Rebirth Grant applicants must demonstrate cost share in cash or in kind.
Due to the current public health crisis, project proposals that think creatively about how to sustain humanities programming in new ways are particularly welcome.
All applicants must have a certified Louisiana nonprofit sponsoring organization with a DUNS number.
REBIRTH PL GRANTS (FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES ONLY)
Rebirth PL Grants will support Louisiana public libraries’ transition to serving their communities virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds can be used for digital humanities programming, the acquisition of equipment and supplies to bolster virtual capabilities, or a combination of the two.
Grants range from $1,000 to $7,000 and are available only to Louisiana public libraries. Cost share is not required for Rebirth PL Grants. All public library applicants must have a DUNS number.
Suggested uses for these funds include, but are not limited to:
- Launch virtual humanities programming
- Adapt in-person humanities programs for online delivery
- Subscriptions to or training for use of streaming platforms
For more information on Rebirth Grants click here and for more information about Rebirth PL grants, click here. You can also contact Grants Manager Chris Robert at [email protected] or (504) 620-2639.