PRIME TIME Head Start Sets Goals for School Year
After a successful start, PRIME TIME Head Start began the 2018-2019 school year with fresh goals aimed at closing the achievement gap for children in Ouachita Parish.
“Last year, PRIME TIME Head Start embarked upon the concept of ‘get on the bus,'” PTHS’ director Stalanda Butcher said. “This school year, the team is turning up the heat to 212 degrees.”
The goals for this year include:
- Achieve full student capacity by March 31, 2019
- Kick off the school year with high academic rigor
- Enhance parent-led governance group
- Open a fourth site
- Introduce a humanities focus to families through the PRIME TIME Preschool program
- Complete federal and state monitoring review
- Provide quality family/health services
For more information, visit the PTHS website. Interested families may call (318)541-2315.