For more than 15 years the LEH has partnered with the Smithsonian Institute and institutions around the state to bring world-class museum exhibitions to rural communities.
On Saturday, March 19, the Old Post Office Museum in Winnsboro kicks off the Louisiana tour of “Hometown Teams,” a Museum on Main Street exhibition that captures the stories that unfold on the neighborhood fields and courts, and the underdog heroics, larger-than-life-legends, fierce rivalries and gut wrenching defeats.
The 2016 tour sites are:
- Old Post Office Museum, Winnsboro, March 19-April 30
- Claiborne Parish Library, Homer, May 7-June 18
- Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and Northwest Louisiana History Museum, Natchitoches, June 25-August 6
- Lincoln Parish Library, Ruston, August 13-September 24
- Southern Forest Heritage Museum & Research Center, Long Leaf, October 1-November 12
- Abita Springs Trailhead Museum, Abita Springs, November 19-January 1
Click here for more info on Museum on Main Street.